Located in Matemwe on the North Eastern coast of Zanzibar in Tanzania, Blue Amber is Africa’s leading leisure destination and Zanzibar’s premier island resort. Appointed across 410 hectares (1013 acres) of tropical landscape with 4 kilometers of prime Indian Ocean coastline, Blue Amber is the largest resort development of its kind in Africa and recognised as a strategic investment project in Tanzania. Scheduled to open in phases from 2021, the resort will feature leading global hotel brands, luxury residential homes, world-class amenities and East Africa’s first Signature Championship golf course.
Blue Amber’s real estate portfolio reflects the same ambition as the rest of the development, offering a select few a stable of property opportunities in which to invest. The phase 1 development, currently underway, is located on the South Eastern boundary and incorporates a variety of off-plan villa types for sale, a leisure centre and a beach restaurant, with breathtaking views of the Indian Ocean.
Blue Amber also offers its buyers an optional, fully integrated property management service to oversee and manage their property when they are away or let them to suitable tenants for the very best rents available in the market.
Our ethos is to assist our investors to maintain high-performing investment properties and to look after our client properties as if they were our own.
Recognised as a Strategic Real Estate Project in Zanzibar, home owners will receive following resident and tax benefits:
• No income tax on worldwide income and wealth
• Resident permit for villa buyer plus partner and up to four children under 20 years of age. First buyer pays only 50% of normal capital gains on sale of unit, at 5% instead of 10%. Foreign ownership allowed
• Registration of ownership to be done by Zanzibar Investment Promotion Authority ( ZIPA). No VAT on unit rental or sales.
• Income tax is halved only on local income - 15% instead of 30% (applicable to foreigners only)
• Repatriation of profit allowed after tax
• Residence permit is only valid for the duration the buyer owns the property (renewable every two years at $3050 for main investor and $550 for each dependent)
• No work permit is given, but may be applied for separately by the employer
• No minimum stay is required to claim benefits.